Palm Bay Youth Basketball Association
PBYBA and the City of Palm Bay have developed a plan to allow our players, coaches, and families to participate in youth basketball this year. There will be some differences, but our kids will get to play basketball. This document will outline the plan that is in place.
- Provide a comprehensive plan to safely return families and participants back to play
- Provide safe conditions and atmosphere for return to practice
- Provide safe conditions and atmosphere for return to play games
- Make families feel safe
Each participant must sign an Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 waiver form Each participant and parent of a participant will be required to answer the following questions and will be required to notify the Coach if their response changes during the season. If the response to any of the questions is yes, the player will not be allowed to play until they have received affirmation from a doctor or public health official that it is safe to do so (documentation required).
- Have you/your child taken any fever reducing medicine for fever in the past 12 hours? NOTE: if player returns and can respond NO to this question then they can play.
- Have you/your child tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you/your child experienced a loss of taste or smell within the past 14 days?
- Have you/your child experienced persistent pain or pressure in your chest over the past 14 days?
- Have you/your child been sick with a fever, cough, shortness of breath or respiratory infection in the past 14 days?
- Have you/your child had close contact with someone who has OR is under investigation for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you/your child traveled out of the state of Florida or the United States in the past 14 days?
- Prior to each game, each coach will repeat the questions asked at registration
- Game attendees will be limited to players, coaches, referees, league directors and family members ONLY
- Spectators will maintain social distancing (6 feet between families)
- Games will be scheduled 1 hour and 30 minutes apart to allow for the teams and spectators to exit before the next game’s teams and spectators to enter
- Teams and spectators will exit the gym through a different door than the teams and spectators entering the gym
- Each player must bring their own water bottle(s), no sharing or use of water fountains
- After the game, each team is responsible for cleaning their bench of all empty water bottles
- Players may wear any Personal Protection Equipment deemed necessary by their parents as long as such items do not compromise the safety of any and all participants in the game
- Spectators with a chronic disease or those who are immune-compromised will be requested to consider not attending until the doctors signal all clear (documentation required)
- Any person who is experiencing symptoms of sickness will be prohibited from attending the game (or practice)
- Anyone who doesn’t feel safe has the right to stay home
- Touching outside of game play (e.g. high fives, team huddles with “all hands in”, fist bumps, etc.) is prohibited
- Team snacks must be pre-packaged and not shared
- After each game, in lieu of handshakes, teams will line up and gently touch elbows
Each Age Group Director or their representative (Board Member) will be on site to ensure guidelines are being followed